Happy Friday and welcome to another weekly round-up of links! This week, seeing how the new Hobbit/LOTR box set is in the news, this week’s round-up is dedicated to living a life full of good food and good cheer over hoarded gold. In short (ba dum bum TSS!), Hobbits!
- The font First Order, free for download, is a grand mimic of the handwriting used in the movies.
- There is a whole website dedicated to riddles, because you never know when you’ll encounter a tortured creature of the deep and need to riddle your way out of the situation.
- Here’s a pattern for a DIY Hobbit Cloak (seen above)
- EHow has an article for making your own prosthetic latex elf or hobbit ears
- Or, if you’re allergic to latex, here’s another method.
- How about a mini-sized hobbit house for your garden?
- Plenty of Hobbit-inspired fashion at Polyvore!
- How to Make a Hobbit Costume, inspiration and ideas for an inexpensive costume.
- How one poster made 6 LOTR costumes on a budget, in just a month
- You’re not a hobbit without the feet! Here’s one method.
- …and another.
- …and yet another. (In fact, this link has lots of tutorials, besides the feet!)
- Here are some invisible shoes, to make walking in your hobbit feet easier.
- Turn your dispenser cooler into a keg of your favorite brew with this tutorial.
- …or from this YouTube video.
And finally, just because it’s fun:
- Make your own Hobbit avatar with the Hobbit Scene Maker.